Pure Health Performance first opened as a niche gym which allowed a place for weightlifters and powerlifters to train hard, lift heavy, and improve. As we grew, so did our passion and from that passion grew Pure Health Barbell.
We offer two focused class programs for our athletes who want to get better, see an increase in overall performance, or just want to try their hand at something new:
The Weight Lifting class is for aspiring weight lifters ready to refine their technique in the snatch, clean, and jerk (and variations of each). This program operates under Pure Health Barbell, runs 1.5 – 2 hours long, and puts emphasis on technique and speed under the bar. We wrap up with pulling, squatting, and pressing variations to become more comfortable in our pulls, leg strength, and overhead abilities.
“For some of us, it’s more than just lifting. It’s one of the best things in life we’ve discovered and we are proud to be a part of it.”
Benefits of Weightlifting:
- Increased Range of Motion
- Increased power output for sports performance
- Increased leg strength, hip drive, and pressing strength
- Decreased reaction time
- Increased speed and coordination
- Looking good in short shorts
This class follows a 12 week cycle that looks to improve upon the Back Squat, Bench Press, and Deadlift. We take a 3x per week approach making sure to cycle through volume and intensity as the weeks progress. Auxiliary movements are added to the end of each day to insure correction of imbalances that might come from training only 3 major lifts. If you are thinking about competing in powerlifting or you are just looking to get strong, this is the program for you!
Benefits of Powerlifting:
- Large overall strength gains
- Development of the legs, shoulders, and chest
- Mental Fortitude
- Increase in strength to bodyweight ratio
- Development and understanding of competition style power-lifts.
- Become Atlas-like and lift the world